Tuition Assistance Program
Funding for McGill-Toolen Catholic High School’s Tuition Assistance Program comes with thoughtful planning and income from our endowment gifts, our generous benefactors, and The Fund for McGill-Toolen Catholic. We seek students who demonstrate a motivation for learning and whose diverse talents, interests, and personal characteristics enhance our community. We seek families who support their children and the mission of our school. To be considered for a scholarship, the applicant must be registered for the upcoming school year. Scholarship Applications will open November 1. The deadline for the first round of scholarship awards is December 31. Awards will be announced mid February.
We offer the following options:
McGill-Toolen Catholic General Scholarship
- Applicants must be:
- Currently enrolled at McGill-Toolen Catholic.
- A new student who has completed the application for enrollment and paid the application fee ($100) for the upcoming school year.
- Applicants must complete a verified FACTS application and the Scholarship Application Form.
- Priority will be given to students who are currently enrolled at McGill-Toolen Catholic or one of its partner schools.
- Students must maintain a 2.0 GPA and not have significant discipline or attendance issues. If his/her GPA falls below a 2.0, he/she will be put on a probationary period for one semester.
- Scholarship amounts will vary based on need as determined by FACTS, but will not exceed 50% of tuition.
- Students who qualify for an Alabama Accountability Act Scholarship through AOSF or another Scholarship Granting Organization are required to apply to that SGO before applying for a McGill-Toolen Catholic General Scholarship (see eligibility chart below).
- FACTS Application
- McGill-Toolen Catholic General Scholarship Application Form
- Alabama Accountability Act Scholarship Granting Organization Interest Form (if eligible - see chart below)
St. Augustine Scholarship
- Available for incoming Catholic freshmen who attended a partner Catholic school or an active member of a Catholic parish in Mobile and who has a parent who is active military, first responder, Catholic school teacher, McGill-Toolen alum or an archdiocesan employee. Click here for more information about eligibility.
- Applicants must complete a verified FACTS application and the St. Augustine Scholarship Application Form.
- The award is $2500 per year for all four years.
- The student must maintain a minimum GPA of 2.5 or higher.
- Students receiving funding from AOSF or another SGO are not eligible.
- Students who apply for a St. Augustine Scholarship will also be considered for an award from the McGill-Toolen General Scholarship if they do not receive a St. Augustine Scholarship.
- Merit based scholarships for incoming freshmen selected to participate in the Aquinas Program.
- $1,000 per year for all four years as long as the student remains in the Aquinas Program.
- There is no application for the Presidential Scholarship. Students who register for the Aquinas program are automatically awarded this scholarship, and it may be combined with other awards.
McGill-Toolen Foundation Scholarships
- Scholarships awarded by the McGill-Toolen Foundation.
- The Foundation awards approximately $30,000 in scholarships each year.
- There is no application process for these scholarships. Recipients are selected based on the criteria determined by the benefactor who established the scholarship.
Alabama Accountability Act
In 2014, the Alabama Legislature passed the Alabama Accountability Act (AAA). Under the terms of that act, a Scholarship Granting Organization (SGO) could be formed to distribute scholarship funds to low income families. These families can use these funds to choose a private K-12 school that they otherwise would not be able to afford. Archdiocese of Mobile catholic schools are eligible to receive funds from the Alabama Opportunity Scholarship Foundation (AOSF) or any registered Scholarship Granting Organization (SGO). Currently AOSF awards $8000 per year for high school students. All students whose families meet the criteria below are required to complete the Alabama Accountability Act Scholarship Granting Organization Interest Form on www.mcgill-toolen.org to be considered for funding from the McGill-Toolen Catholic General Scholarship. For questions about the Alabama Opportunity Scholarship Fund please visit: https://alabamascholarshipfund.org/
Household Size Maximum Annual Income
Scholarship Income Guidelines 2019 Gross Income
Household Size Max Annual Income
For each additional member, add: $7,733 per year
Scholarship Applications will open November 1. The deadline for the first round of scholarship awards is December 31. Awards will be announced mid February.