Vision Statement of McGill-Toolen Catholic High School
McGill-Toolen Catholic High School endeavors to provide a quality education, complemented by a curriculum that establishes an active dialogue with moral concepts implicit in the Catholic Faith. It is our intent to provide both atmosphere and physical facility to foster greatest student achievement in life, whether in academics, the arts, physical enterprises, or spiritual commitment. We continue to champion Scientia Pro Amor Dei-knowledge for the love of God.
Mission Statement of McGill-Toolen Catholic High School
McGill-Toolen Catholic High School provides a college preparatory secondary education that enables individuals to grow in faith, to search for knowledge and truth in mind, body, and spirit, and continue building the kingdom of God on earth. By active involvement in the learning process, students are prepared for lives of Christian leadership and service.
Gifted Problem Solver
Responsible Global Citizen
The Archdiocese of Mobile charges Catholic schools with the mission of providing Catholic education that deepens the Catholic faith while providing opportunities for rigorous academic instruction.
Catholic Schools will:
- Recognize that parents are the primary educators of their children; therefore, effective collaboration and communication with families as partners are essential to the success of the students;
- Focus on the moral and ethical development of all students in accordance with Christ’s teachings, while preparing them to be citizens of the world and responsible stewards of God’s creation;
- Challenge students to achieve the highest academic standards as related to the Archdiocesan Standards and other research-based curricula;
- Instruct students in the Catholic faith and promote faith development through worship, participation in the Sacraments, prayer and community service;
- Expect the commitment of all parents, teachers, staff and administrators for success in carrying out their mission to educate and teach Gospel Values;
- Provide a safe, supportive, and nurturing learning environment for the students in order to assure student achievement;
- Regard students as valued individuals with unique, spiritual, physical, social, emotional and intellectual needs;
- Recognize and appreciate cultural diversity, while welcoming students of all faiths;
- Produce graduates who possess a comprehensive understanding of the world, recognize the need for service to others and commit to excellence in their chosen vocations.