Summer Driver's Ed
McGill-Toolen Catholic High School
Accelerated Summer Drivers Ed Course 2017
Instructor: Phillip Murphy
Course will include 30 hours of classroom time and 5 days behind the wheel. Upon satisfactory completion of course the student will receive a certificate of completion for Drivers Education that may be used for insurance discounts and we also have the opportunity to receive their driver’s license should the instructor feel they are qualified. Students will also have the opportunity to earn their boaters certification.
Cost of course is $275.00 per student.
Class will be held from 8 AM – 11 AM July 10th -14th and July 17th – 21st. (this is a two week course).
Driving groups will be assigned the first day of class.
There will be a limited number of spaces for this course, so please sign up as soon as possible. Registration due by Friday, April 7th 2016.
Driving schedules can't be released until we know the full number of registrants. Driving will begin at 10 each day and new groups will drive every hour on the hour. Driving groups will drive every other day. Please note this is a full 2 week course.
- 30 hours classroom instruction
- 5 days behind the wheel instruction
- Observation of other student drivers
- Will obtain the knowledge and skills that are basic to handling a motor vehicle
- Course topics include: Steering in a straight line, steering in turns, backing, correct procedures for right and left turns, turnabouts, driving in adverse conditions, lane changing procedures, merging techniques, speed control, observation, attitude toward safe driving practices, parking-angle and perpendicular, parking on hills, overtaking or passing, heavy traffic driving, driving at night, smooth braking technique, Use of the SIPDE process, Interstate driving, obeying laws, wearing seat belt, emergency situations, alcohol and drugs, distracted driving
*** This course is great for basic skills, however your student will still be in need of practice and logging hours behind the wheel under your supervision. Statistics have shown that the first five years of driving are the most critical. You can be of great help to your student by helping them in making sound judgments during this initial learning time. During the times your student is riding with you, please point out situations that may lead to trouble unless proper defensive driving techniques are used.
Must have learners license to attend class, please submit copy with registration
No refunds will be available as this is a class very much in demand and we have to turn students away. We will do our best to accommodate each student’s busy summer schedules with extracurricular and family activities, please let us know if you have any questions.
Contact Phillip Murphy with questions or concerns:
McGill-Toolen Catholic Summer Drivers Education Registration
Due by Friday, April 7th
Date of Birth:_________________________________________
Learner License #:_____________________________________
Method of Payment: Cash or Check (circle on please) Amount:_______________
Checks Payable to Phillip Murphy
Please Remit Payment to:
Attn: Coach Murphy
1501 Old Shell Rd.
Mobile, AL 36604