Coming Home 2017
Coming Home 2017
Spirit Dress Days – Jan. 19, 20 and Jan. 21 - 2017
The Spirit Dress Days and the Dress Code for each day is printed below. Students who choose to participate in the Spirit Dress Days are expected to adhere to the dress code and to use discretion in applying the dress code guidelines. All dress/grooming must be modest, in good taste, and appropriate for all Coming Home activities. Clothing items may not contain ads or endorsements for alcohol, tobacco, or messages inconsistent with the philosophy of the Church/school. The school reserves the right to determine suitability of dress and to require corrective action when deemed necessary.
If you do not choose to participate in the dress down days, then you must wear the complete school uniform properly. Parts of the school uniform may not be mixed with dress down attire.
Thu. Jan. 19 Class T-Shirt Day
Fri. Jan. 20 General Dress Guidelines for ALL CLASSES:
Coming Home Class Themes
The Administration reserves the right to determine suitability of dress/grooming for all school functions and to require corrective action when deemed necessary.
- If you choose to wear any part of the school uniform, you must be in complete uniform and it must be worn properly. You cannot wear any part of the school uniform as dress-down attire.
- You may not wear any uniforms/apparel of any other high school.
- All clothing must cover the same amount of your body as our school uniform.
- No shorts of any kind. Jeans, khakis and skirts must be worn as part of costume. Only girls can wear skirts and they must be knee length. If a girl wears tights, a knee length skirt must be worn over them.
- No baggy, oversize clothing, torn ragged clothing or tight clothing
- Shoes or sandals must be worn. No high heel shoes, Crocs or flip flops.
- No face paint of any kind or any markings on face. (Including eye black under eyes.)
- No fake weapons as props. Masks and “props” (safe ones) at the pep rally only. Masks must be removed upon request.
- No scrubs or sleep pants. No athletic pants of any kind (wind pants, sweat pants, football pants, baseball pants, etc.)
- Boys may not wear make-up, skirts or nail polish.
- You may not take time out of class or in class to “dress” for the day or the pep rally. Come to school in you dress for the day.
- No clothing or costume may stereotype or show any disrespect to any culture, race, religion; nor may the costume be offensive to any culture, race, religion. Example: no confederate flags.
- Clothing items may not contain ads or endorsements for alcohol, tobacco, or message inconsistent with the philosophy of the Church/school.
- The Admin Team will have the final say on all dress to determine if it is appropriate.
Seniors: “Senior Citizens” – Examples: Dress as Senior Citizens.
Juniors: “Jersey Juniors”– Examples: Jerseys of favorite Team (No other High School Jerseys are Allowed)
Sophomores: “Superhero Sophomores” – Example: Dress as Superhero’s
Freshman: “Freshman from a Galaxy Far Far Away”– Example: Astronaut, Space, Star Wars, etc…
All costumes for Dance and Spirit Dress Day must adhere to the general guidelines above.
Coming Home Dance: “Coming Home From the Set”
This will be held at the Mobile Convention Center on Saturday, Jan. 21, from 8 p.m. to 11 p.m. You must arrive at the dance no later than 9:30 and you may not leave until 11:00 p.m. The Dress Code for the dance is theme, “Coming Home From the Set”. The school reserves the right to determine suitability of dress and to require corrective action when deemed necessary. All guests are subject to administrative approval and must adhere to McGill-Toolen dress codes, grooming regulations, and behavior expected of McGill-Toolen students. All students and guests attending McGill-Toolen dances must pass a breathalyzer test before being admitted to the dance. A breathalyzer test may also be administered to students/guests at any time during or after the dance.
All outside guests at the dance must have prior approval of the school administration. Please see Mr. Stein for the appropriate approval forms. All forms must be submitted to Mr. Stein’s office no later than Jan.18, 2017.
Tickets will be sold the week prior to the dance at school for $15.00 per person or $30.00 a couple. The ticket price if purchased the night of the dance is $20.00 per person or $40.00 a couple if purchased at dance. Please bring exact change or a check made payable to McGill-Toolen Catholic High School. Free soft drinks and water will be served. Neither the school nor any of its employees or agents will assume any responsibility or liability for items lost at the dance. Parking at the Convention Center is $5.00 per vehicle.
Coming Home Pictures: Jim Owen Photography will take pictures at the Homecoming Dance. Picture packages and prices will be distributed on a separate flyer in homeroom.
Hall Decoration Guidelines: Gym Foyer Only
- Decorate Gym Foyer only.
- Please do not have “loose props” that may be moved around in the foyer. Props must be secured.
- Please do not put tape on painted surfaces – It can and does pull the paint off of the walls. Use painters tape.
- Posters and signs that carry out your theme and promote unified school spirit for our team are encouraged
- Plan your workdays with your moderators, but let’s try to finish around 5:30 p.m. or earlier each day.